Wednesday, April 2, 2008

the extinct book

how can we make "the people" stop automatically giving every house phone books? it's such a waste....they should be given upon request.

so-i was just informed of google text. i'm...i'm...flabbergasted. i am way behind the times, i guess. i feel like my mom who just informed me she called the Chamber of Commerce to see when Bonneroo is! bless'er.
so .........................................i just sent a text to google (466453) that read "germantown cafe. nashville tn." and 30 seconds later i had the address and phone # of Germantown plus a "Tip" that read "Tip: get web". ha! smartass.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm not sure I'm ready for a phone that thinks it's smarter than me!!! Of course, you have a cooler phone. I can't text on mine. But I am in full agreement with you re: phone books. Who does not have computer access anymore? Very few people and I always google the white pages!

Panda Parables said...

does it cost anything to use? or is it just like a regular text message?