Friday, April 4, 2008

Young Blood

well-it's time to start gettin' busy sewing. Young Blood Boutique in Atlanta contacted me via Etsy, who they found via Decor8 blog (thanks internet crafting world;) and asked me if I would be interested in having my stuff in their store. ummmm...hell yes?....
i haven't yet motivated myself to get stuff out here in Nashville, except for the aRT hOUSE which was great, and i love that place, but it's all paintings, photography and pottery and really more gallery-type stuff...and then there were my fabric goods. but shit...for some reason Atlanta motivates me...especially since SCAD is there...the arts and crafts community and supporters there is such a large presence. i finally got to visit Shop SCAD...and it was everything I expected and more. very inspiring. i think it's the kick in the pants I need to get moving on creating...and Im so craving getting back into book arts. now that I'm moving my sewing room out to the studio...I'll have more room to spread out, do book arts, screen/block printing and get messy! yee-haw.

things are looking up. weather's getting nice. new crushes. i'm over the broken relationship. i am positive. i am ready to create. my good friend April told me that she hasn't seen me glow or have this much positive energy since...well, since she's known me. i am totally looking at the recent bad happenings as a chance to a new start. i have scrubbed away the remains of that part of my life (except my dogs) and i'm squeaky clean with perseverence! squeaky mf'n clean!

it's time to get ill.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

okay. that is exciting news. just what you needed. something else to put a smile on your face. oh, happy spring!

Bethany said...

Congratulations!!! That is so great. So do it!!!! You need to see Lotta Jansdotter's new book... that would inspire you. I'm excited to see what you do!

Emotional Mullet said...

That rocks! Super yay for you!

Sara said...

new crushes?!?!?! tell me more...