Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Weenie Tree


sometimes i really love east nashville. more times than not. especially this little corner at 5 points where I Dream of Weenie and the Art & Invention gallery stand. on any given saturday, you'll find a gaggle of giggling hula hoopers just hoopin' around, eatin' hot dogs and bathing in the sun. it captivates me. makes me appreciate the neighborhoodiness of home.
i was driving to work this afternoon and saw this amazing tree while wearing my sunglasses. the leaves were florescent. but i couldn't capture it. even sans polarized lenses though, that tree is amazing.
i realized my sunglasses make everything look better. (even me)

3 comments:

muggins mouse said...

key phrase here: i was driving to work - this afternoon. love that tree. I wanna see it for realz.

Emotional Mullet said...

I love the shot thru the sunglasses!

Bethany said...

Ha! I always thought that too... you're out in the sun, thinking you have SOME color to your body, but then you take off the sunglasses and shock yourself by the whiteness!!! I can see how that tree looked so bright. And I'm cracking up at muggins mouse's comment about it being "afternoon"!!